Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Big Letdown?

What is the big letdown? The big letdown is when you have over stimulated yourself with anticipation about an event, built it up inside, and then the event comes and goes leaving you with nothing but feelings of disappointment. You hardly even realized that what you had been looking forward to is done. You are then left with feelings of wishing what you were looking forward to was as exciting as you had expected it to be. So many times I myself have experienced this total deflation, after a date, a child being born or even a nice vacation. Countless times I have spent weeks looking forward to something, then wishing I was looking forward to it again, or simply moving onto the next big thing I can look forward to. This continuous cycle is a vicious one that I am sure many of you are also in. If you don't stop and think about it though, the next big thing you might be looking forward to is your own death, without ever fully enjoying life. Sounds sad, right? Well it is...and even when you do think about it, that wont stop you from entering into that vicious cycle again tomorrow. If you are like me, join me in my quest to break the cycle, and live everyday to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment